Thursday, September 11, 2014

Family Treasure: Tiny Tea Time


It has been a long time since I spent a day playing with tiny tea sets. But today I have been sorting, washing and photographing several sets of teapots, cups, saucers, etc. I didn't clean them up because I was expecting a young visitor. I am working on my New Year's resolution to inventory our family treasures.



These little things are not treasures because of any monetary value. Rather, they bring back memories of tea parties. I loved to dress my dolls in their best dresses and share imaginary pots of tea.


My daughters loved to play tea party time. While they dressed their dolls and gathered their teddy bears I checked the cabinets for tiny food like Cheerios, Fruit Loops, M&Ms, or Goldfish crackers. While my girls put the dolls in a circle, some on small chairs, I made lemonade to serve as our tea. I filled the tea pots and they filled the tiny cups. 


We had many hours of fun. My son never liked tea parties much. He would like the treats but get bored quickly and head off to build with Legos or race his Hot Wheels.


Our tea sets are all together now & it is hard to remember which sets were mine or my daughters'. I'll have to rely on their memories to help me out with that. 


There are a half a dozen more sets than I have posted here. They have all been cleaned, photographed & carefully wrapped in tissue paper. Who knows when party time will come again?






6 comments:

  1. Oh Colleen, these are beautiful. I probably had a plastic tea set, but I don't remember really. I love that you used real food and "tea." When I played, I served air.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendy, I always had fun with my dolls & my tea set and my girls had fun when they were little. Finding tiny foods that fit on the dishes was a challenge but fun.

      Delete
  2. These are beautiful! You are so lucky to have them.

    My mother in law gave her's AWAY because there were no granddaughters! It made my heart sick. All I could think is "they MIGHT have daughters!" It would have been super sweet to hand down their great-grandmother's tea sets.

    I enjoyed your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary, that is just too sad. You will have to start a new tradition with new tea sets.

      Delete
  3. A Beautiful Collection. I'm sure your daughters wii not forget.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a beautiful collection, Colleen. I must have had a tea set when I was a child but I don't remember it nor remember having tea parties. I think I was more the tomboy type (cowboys & Indians) but I had many dolls who probably would have loved to attend tea parties.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog & for leaving a comment. It is always good to hear from visitors, cousins & fellow bloggers. Note that I do not publish anonymous comments.