Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Genealogy Travel: Meeting a Blog Pal!

Charles Purvis & Colleen Pasquale, Fellow Bloggers in North Carolina


Some time ago I searched Geneabloggers for blogs about the Carolinas & discovered
Carolina Family Roots by Charles Purvis. On the blog Charles wrote, “My goal is to document the genealogy of my families living in Chesterfield County, SC and Anson County, NC. His surnames include:  Brock, Brown, Graves & Moore, Smith & Purvis. We share some of these surnames.

I especially love that everything Charlie posts is well documented. You can count on his facts.

I became a follower and began stopping by quite often. Charlie & I have been in touch through our blogs and by email, exchanging information. We have learned that we are distant cousins.

On my recent trip to South Carolina Charlie & I, with his lovely wife and my brother, met. My brother and I were in North Carolina, Charlie’s home state. We met up at a small chain restaurant where we introduced ourselves and had a delightful conversation. We discussed places for research, DNA genealogy, our families, and many other things.

If you have an opportunity to meet a fellow blogger do it! You may be making a new friend.





2 comments:

  1. So cool! I too have met some cousins through my blog, one of whom keeps in touch regularly. We've met a couple times and exchange Christmas cards. She started a blog last year but is not that active with her blog. I think she prefers the straight research.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendy, maybe you & I should meet up next time I visit our daughter in Virginia!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog & for leaving a comment. It is always good to hear from visitors, cousins & fellow bloggers. Note that I do not publish anonymous comments.