Saturday, November 3, 2012

Robertson

Robertson

Christian Robertson, who died 1821 in MS, was the father of Sarah Robertson.  About 1804 she married Moses Brown. They lived in Marion County, MS. They had four children: Christiana, Edward S., James G., and Sarah. Sarah (Robertson) Brown died in Liberty, Georgia in 1810 soon after the birth of her fourth child.

Unfortunately, I know very little about my Robertson family. I did find this interesting note about Christian Robertson, my 5th great grandfather:

The Sherriff of Marion Co. MS is ordered to summon 12 men to examine the intellectual ability and mental capacity of Christian Robertson. Witness by Honorable Benjamin Lee, county judge of the Orphan Court, April, 1819. The men appointed for above: John Warren, Sr., John Warren, Jr., John Smart, Soloman Warren, Daniel Buckhalter, Fleming Tynes, Thomas Smith, Thomas Fultch, Samuel Perkins, William Warren, Philomon Terrell, Robert Staacy.  Recorded May 14, 1819

I hesitated writing about this family because I know so little but, just perhaps, that is the perfect reason to write. How else can I 'meet' others who may know more? I’d enjoy connecting with anyone who has interest in this branch of my family.

Sources:

  • 1813 MS Census, Marion County, Moses Brown.
  • 1816 MS Census, Marion County, Moses Brown.
  • 1820 US Census, MS, Marion County, Moses Brown.
  • 1820 MS State Census, Marion Co., Moses Brown.
  • Criminger, Adrianne Fortenberry.The Fortenberry Families of Southern Mississippi with Early Records Concerning the Faulkenberry/Fortenberry Families of the South. Easley, South Carolina: Southern Historical Press, Inc., 1984.
  • Orphan Court Records, Marion Co., MS; May 1819, Book A p 88.
  • Williams, E. Russ. Marion County Mississippi Miscellaneous records, 1812 - 1859. Easley, South Carolina: Southern Historical Press, 1986.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog & for leaving a comment. It is always good to hear from visitors, cousins & fellow bloggers. Note that I do not publish anonymous comments.